Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Two years ago my son's pre-primary school had a Visitor's day for grandparents. As I was taking pictures, I was drawn to the beauty of hands. Old hands and young hands were working together, painting together and being together. It reminded me...

My grandma used to have hands filled with blue veins, which she used to knit and create. My mom had gentle, comforting hands. My dad had strong healing hands. When I think of these hands, none of them being on earth anymore, I realize that we have to use our hands to make the world a better place.


And how do we do it?
Well, reach out to the many miracles that surround you. Touch a tree, caress a flower, hold a hand.


If you have a story about hands which meant a lot to you, please feel free to share it in the comments field below.
Reach out.
Love.
Live.
Lend a hand.

No comments: